Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Beginnings

I've been praying. I'll be honest though, I'm not very eloquent in my prayers, but on this 3rd day of the New Year, I've found myself spontaneously praying a lot more.

I don't make resolutions, but I'm thinking that talking to God is a good start. My life isn't perfect. My marriage isn't always happy, my insecurities are always creeping up on me, my dysfunctional family frustrates me, and my kids - well, they're kids - what more do I need to say.

I'm finding that in all these imperfections, I can only look up and in the moments where I can give thanks to God for giving me the life I am living. I've always said I can't be the supermom that everyone strives to be. I'm not trying to be her - I've given up on that (image). I want to be the mom that's real, knows my weaknesses, and am not afraid to show them - so that others can be strengthened and empowered to know they're not alone.

I want to be a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. There are serious weaknesses in every area of my life, and I feel like I need an instruction manual for life. I need chapters like "What to say when you're wrong", "How to not be lazy", "When you feel like giving up", "How to care more", and a chapter like "How to find the Apple TV remote' would be really helpful too. God is my guide. I need to constantly go to him for instruction to weave through this thing called life in a completely sane matter.

Praying doesn't automatically solve all my issues. Praying just allows me to reflect on them, and brings awareness of my ownership in each area. I feel transparent, and real - but I find myself giving thanks more than anything though each time I pray, because I feel so blessed and loved. The love that God has for me, is far beyond my understanding, but because I am loved like that, it flows through me and is poured upon my family. And the best thing I can do for my family, is to love them unconditionally.

I know I am rambling (re: eloquence issue), and my prayers are for the most part like this. And God doesn't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment